- Medical and legal translator with 20+ years of experience
- Experienced editor
- 5 million translated words and 3000 successfully completed projects
- Languages: German (native tongue), English (former permanent U.S. resident) and French
- 8+ years of translation experience in the U.S.
- Translation and interpretation studies in Munich (Germany): Degree: State Certified Translator
- Languages: French, English | Specialization: Business & Law
- Publicly appointed and sworn translator for Englisch and French <> German. (What are the benefits?
The Certified Translator (CT) credential of the American Translators Association is the world’s most widely recognized certification for translators. It involves sitting for a difficult exam involving the translation of documents typically encountered by professional translators. The exam is graded by two established and certified translators, both of whom must agree, and has a pass rate below 20%. The certification also requires a significant amount of continuing education in order to be maintained. You can verify my current certification status at www.atanet.org/verify, cert. no. 429418.
- Freelance technical translator since 1995
- In-house position as a project coordinator with inlingua Maryland from 1994-1995
- Linguistic consultant in a high-profile patent litigation case, Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C., Washington, DC (1998-1999)
- Countless advanced training courses and practical experience in the following fields: Medicine, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutics, Life Sciences, Talent Development & Human Resources, Patent & Trademark Law, Software Localization, Technical Documentation, Website Translation, E-learning
- Top-of-the line hardware, CAT software and electronic dictionaries
- American Translators Association (ATA) , Alexandria, Virginia (USA): The American Translators Association is the largest professional association of translators and interpreters in the United States and has more than 10,000 members in 100 countries throughout the world.
- Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer e.V (BDÜ): Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer e.V. represents translators and interpreters working in Germany and abroad. With 7500 members, it is the largest organization of its type in the German-speaking world and has stringent requirements for membership.
- Linked in